Comes Back Every Year
Hello, my name is Red Sunset Maple! As my name suggests, I am best known for my striking red flowers and foliage, which will show you vibrant sunset colors every time you look out your window. My red flowers emerge in early spring, before my branches sprout bright green leaves which shift to a deep red in the fall. I am low maintenance, only requiring pruning once all my leaves have fully developed. I can be a little picky when it comes to soil, and while I am not particular to any type of soil, I have a preference for acidic soil and may experience yellowing if planted in alkaline soils. I am happiest, healthiest and most beautiful when I am grown in full sunlight in average to wet conditions - I will even tolerate some standing water!
Red Sunset Maple
Trusted by Thousands
of Happy Customers
Fast & Free Shipping
on all Orders
Happy Plants, Happy Garden.
Acer rubrum 'Franksred' 'Red Sunset®'
Red Sunset Maple
Full Sun (6+ Hours)
Late Fall/Early Spring
Approx. 1-2 times per week
- Fall colour: The Red Sunset® Maple is known for its stunning fall foliage, which turns vibrant shades of orange and red, making it a popular choice for autumn landscapes.
- Fast-growing: This maple tree is a fast grower, meaning it can quickly establish itself in a landscape and provide ample shade and beauty in a short amount of time.
- Low-maintenance: The Red Sunset® Maple is generally considered to be a low-maintenance tree, making it an easy choice for homeowners who want a beautiful tree without the hassle of constant upkeep. It is also relatively pest and disease-resistant.
- Watering: Water newly planted trees every other day for the first two weeks, then reduce to twice a week for the next two weeks. After that, water once a week, especially during dry spells. Water deeply to saturate the root ball and surrounding soil
- Maintenance: Remove any suckers or water sprouts as they appear.
- Pruning: Prune in late winter or early spring before new growth begins. Thin out any crossing or rubbing branches to improve air circulation and reduce the risk of disease.
- (Optional):Fertilize using a balanced fertilizer in early spring before new growth begins, and again in early fall.
Planting a trees or plants is easy! First, begin by digging a hole that's twice as wide as the root ball and just as deep. Place the tree or plant in the hole and add some bonemeal fertilizer. Backfill with fresh soil if needed and water thoroughly. Water regularly until roots are established to keep the plant healthy. Enjoy your new tree or plant!
- Great news! We offer FREE delivery on ALL orders with no minimum order value! 🎉🚛
- If you've pre-ordered plants or trees, don't worry! We'll send it as soon as all the items are ready to ship. If you prefer to have items arrive seprately when they are ready to be delivered, just give our team a shout and we'll send it as soon as they become available. 📦💨
- We only sell pre-order products when they're at their absolute best, so you can be sure your new plants will arrive in perfect condition! 🌿👌
- If you're in Ontario, your order will be at your doorstep in just 2-4 business days! If you're in Quebec, expect your order in 3-5 business days. For the rest of Canada, it'll take just a bit longer, with delivery times ranging from 4-8 business days. 🚚🌎
- Questions? Concerns? Don't hesitate to reach out! Our friendly team is always here to help! 😊💬
We offer installation services in the GTA and surrounding areas! Let us take care of installing your new product so you can sit back and relax. Contact us today to learn more about our installation options.
“I was blown away by how quickly my plants arrived - just three days from the time I placed my order.”
“So happy to see that the plants were in perfect condition. I'm very impressed with the quality”
"Excellent customer service - friendly and responsive. Highly recommend!"
Happy plants, happy a
aaaaaa plants, happy garden. Guaranteed.
Worry-free gardening. Our plants thrive or we'll replace them
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Opens in a new window.