Comes Back Every Year
Hi, I'm Little Zebra! I get my name from my signature horizontally banded green and yellow foliage. Not only do I add a unique pattern and dash of color to your green space, I also have bold plumes of red flowers that rise high above my foliage in the late summer - and the show doesn't stop here, once my flowers finish blooming, my silver seed heads are displayed on showy plumes from early fall to late winter. I am low maintenance, thrive in all soil types, and only require a bit of spring clean up before I resume my growing season in the summer. I am highly tolerant of urban pollution - I love to be planted right in the city! My few requests are that I get lots of sun, and my soil is never left to dry out.
Dwarf Zebra Grass
Trusted by Thousands
of Happy Customers
Fast & Free Shipping
on all Orders
Happy Plants, Happy Garden.
Miscanthus sinensis 'Little Zebra'
Dwarf Zebra Grass
Full Sun (6+ Hours)
Late Fall/Early Spring
Approx. 1-2 times per week
- Striking appearance: Dwarf Zebra Grass features green blades with bold yellow stripes, which adds a striking touch to any garden or landscape.
- Easy to care for: This grass is relatively low-maintenance and doesn't require any special care or attention. It can grow in a variety of soil types and is relatively drought-tolerant.
- Compact size: As its name suggests, Dwarf Zebra Grass is a smaller version of the larger Zebra Grass plant, which makes it a great choice for smaller gardens or container planting.
- Watering: Regular watering is needed during the first growing season to establish the plant. Once established, Little Zebra can tolerate some drought, but it prefers evenly moist soil. Water deeply once a week during dry periods, especially in the heat of summer.
- Maintenance: This plant is low-maintenance and requires minimal care. Remove any dead or damaged leaves or stems as they appear.
- Pruning: In late winter or early spring, cut back the plant to about 6 inches above the ground.
- (Optional): Fertilizing is not necessary, but a slow-release, balanced fertilizer can be applied in spring to boost growth.
Planting a trees or plants is easy! First, begin by digging a hole that's twice as wide as the root ball and just as deep. Place the tree or plant in the hole and add some bonemeal fertilizer. Backfill with fresh soil if needed and water thoroughly. Water regularly until roots are established to keep the plant healthy. Enjoy your new tree or plant!
- Great news! We offer FREE delivery on ALL orders with no minimum order value! 🎉🚛
- If you've pre-ordered plants or trees, don't worry! We'll send it as soon as all the items are ready to ship. If you prefer to have items arrive seprately when they are ready to be delivered, just give our team a shout and we'll send it as soon as they become available. 📦💨
- We only sell pre-order products when they're at their absolute best, so you can be sure your new plants will arrive in perfect condition! 🌿👌
- If you're in Ontario, your order will be at your doorstep in just 2-4 business days! If you're in Quebec, expect your order in 3-5 business days. For the rest of Canada, it'll take just a bit longer, with delivery times ranging from 4-8 business days. 🚚🌎
- Questions? Concerns? Don't hesitate to reach out! Our friendly team is always here to help! 😊💬
We offer installation services in the GTA and surrounding areas! Let us take care of installing your new product so you can sit back and relax. Contact us today to learn more about our installation options.
“I was blown away by how quickly my plants arrived - just three days from the time I placed my order.”
“So happy to see that the plants were in perfect condition. I'm very impressed with the quality”
"Excellent customer service - friendly and responsive. Highly recommend!"
Happy plants, happy a
aaaaaa plants, happy garden. Guaranteed.
Worry-free gardening. Our plants thrive or we'll replace them
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Opens in a new window.