Comes Back Every Year
Hi, I'm Little Bluestem! I am best known for my ornamental fruit - bright red seed heads which are displayed on showy plumes in high numbers from early fall to late winter. Not only is my seasonal fruit eye-catching and a unique addition to your garden, my grassy foliage also fights for your attention with its rounded shape and striking red stems. I am happiest, healthiest and most beautiful when I am mass planted in full sun. When it comes to maintenance, I am the definition of small but mighty. I can handle lots of direct sunlight, will adapt to both dry and moist locations, and love to be planted in any type of soil. I've never met a garden that I didn't want to grow in!
Little Blue Stem
Trusted by Thousands
of Happy Customers
Fast & Free Shipping
on all Orders
Happy Plants, Happy Garden.
Little Blue Stem
Full Sun (6+ Hours)
Late Fall/Early Spring
Approx. 1-2 times per week
- Native prairie grass: Little Blue Stem is a North American native plant, making it a great choice for naturalizing a landscape or providing habitat for wildlife.
- Drought-tolerant: This grass is very drought-tolerant, making it a great choice for low-maintenance landscapes or areas with limited access to water.
- Fall interest: In the fall, Little Blue Stem's foliage turns a beautiful bronze colour, adding interest and colour to a landscape throughout the autumn season.
- Watering: Water the plant deeply once a week during the growing season
- Maintenance: The plant is low maintenance and can withstand drought and pests.
- Pruning: Little Blue Stem does not require pruning but may benefit from deadheading to maintain a neat appearance. If the plant becomes overgrown, prune it back to one-third of its height in late winter or early spring before new growth begins.
- (Optional): Little Blue Stem does not require fertilizer but can benefit from a slow-release, balanced fertilizer in the spring
Planting a trees or plants is easy! First, begin by digging a hole that's twice as wide as the root ball and just as deep. Place the tree or plant in the hole and add some bonemeal fertilizer. Backfill with fresh soil if needed and water thoroughly. Water regularly until roots are established to keep the plant healthy. Enjoy your new tree or plant!
- Great news! We offer FREE delivery on ALL orders with no minimum order value! 🎉🚛
- If you've pre-ordered plants or trees, don't worry! We'll send it as soon as all the items are ready to ship. If you prefer to have items arrive seprately when they are ready to be delivered, just give our team a shout and we'll send it as soon as they become available. 📦💨
- We only sell pre-order products when they're at their absolute best, so you can be sure your new plants will arrive in perfect condition! 🌿👌
- If you're in Ontario, your order will be at your doorstep in just 2-4 business days! If you're in Quebec, expect your order in 3-5 business days. For the rest of Canada, it'll take just a bit longer, with delivery times ranging from 4-8 business days. 🚚🌎
- Questions? Concerns? Don't hesitate to reach out! Our friendly team is always here to help! 😊💬
We offer installation services in the GTA and surrounding areas! Let us take care of installing your new product so you can sit back and relax. Contact us today to learn more about our installation options.
“I was blown away by how quickly my plants arrived - just three days from the time I placed my order.”
“So happy to see that the plants were in perfect condition. I'm very impressed with the quality”
"Excellent customer service - friendly and responsive. Highly recommend!"
Happy plants, happy a
aaaaaa plants, happy garden. Guaranteed.
Worry-free gardening. Our plants thrive or we'll replace them
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Opens in a new window.