Comes Back Every Year
Nice to meet you! I am a Guacamole Hosta, and like my name suggests, I am best known for my large leaves which stay Guacamole green throughout the summer season. My foliage is an excellent dense filler for the shadier parts of your garden, and my tall, dainty white flowers reach 3 feet in height at maturity, making sure I don't blend in too much! I am low maintenance, thrive in all soil types and only require a bit of spring clean up before I resume my growing season in the summer. One thing to note about me is that like my name suggests, insects and snails find me tasty, and may chew through my beautiful leaves. Misting my leaves with a bug repellent such as citronella or tea tree oil does a great job at keeping me safe from these garden pests! I am happiest, healthiest, and most beautiful when I am able to enjoy the cool shade and my soil is kept moist.
Trusted by Thousands
of Happy Customers
Fast & Free Shipping
on all Orders
Happy Plants, Happy Garden.
Guacamole Plantain Lily
Part Sun/Shade (Less than 6 hours)
Late Fall/Early Spring
Approx. 1-2 times per week
- Large and striking foliage with a bright green colour that adds a bold, tropical feel to any garden or landscape.
- Fragrant, funnel-shaped flowers bloom in late summer to early fall, attracting pollinators such as bees and butterflies.
- Low maintenance and easy to grow, making it a great option for novice gardeners or those looking for a low-maintenance addition to their garden.
- Watering: Water the Guacamole Plantain Lily once a week during the growing season (spring to fall).
- Maintenance: Remove any dead or damaged leaves to maintain the appearance of the plant and regularly check for signs of pests or diseases and take appropriate action.
- Pruning: Cut back the entire plant in late fall or early winter, leaving about 2 inches of stem above the soil level.
- (Optional):Fertilize using a balanced, slow-release fertilizer in the spring, following the package instructions for the specific brand.
Planting a trees or plants is easy! First, begin by digging a hole that's twice as wide as the root ball and just as deep. Place the tree or plant in the hole and add some bonemeal fertilizer. Backfill with fresh soil if needed and water thoroughly. Water regularly until roots are established to keep the plant healthy. Enjoy your new tree or plant!
- Great news! We offer FREE delivery on ALL orders with no minimum order value! 🎉🚛
- If you've pre-ordered plants or trees, don't worry! We'll send it as soon as all the items are ready to ship. If you prefer to have items arrive seprately when they are ready to be delivered, just give our team a shout and we'll send it as soon as they become available. 📦💨
- We only sell pre-order products when they're at their absolute best, so you can be sure your new plants will arrive in perfect condition! 🌿👌
- If you're in Ontario, your order will be at your doorstep in just 2-4 business days! If you're in Quebec, expect your order in 3-5 business days. For the rest of Canada, it'll take just a bit longer, with delivery times ranging from 4-8 business days. 🚚🌎
- Questions? Concerns? Don't hesitate to reach out! Our friendly team is always here to help! 😊💬
We offer installation services in the GTA and surrounding areas! Let us take care of installing your new product so you can sit back and relax. Contact us today to learn more about our installation options.
“I was blown away by how quickly my plants arrived - just three days from the time I placed my order.”
“So happy to see that the plants were in perfect condition. I'm very impressed with the quality”
"Excellent customer service - friendly and responsive. Highly recommend!"
Happy plants, happy a
aaaaaa plants, happy garden. Guaranteed.
Worry-free gardening. Our plants thrive or we'll replace them
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Opens in a new window.